5 FUN WAYS TO CELEBRATE YOUR DOG’S BIRTHDAY!
Most people consider their dogs a part of the family. As you do with other family members, why not celebrate your dog’s special day too? Doggy birthday festivities are becoming the norm these days. They’re a fun and novel way to commemorate your pooch’s big day, and the whole family can get involved to celebrate your dog’s birthday.
There are plenty of ways to celebrate without going overboard or breaking the bank. Here are 5 fun ideas to celebrate your fur friends birthday this year:
Take A Walk To Their Favourite Park
Treat your dog to a trip to their most-loved park. Choose a special location where they can roam freely and explore. Perhaps an area with a nearby lake that your pooch can splash around in. Be sure to bring plenty of toys so you can play games and enjoy the quality time together.
Commemorate The Day With A Birthday Photoshoot
Although this is more of a treat for pet-owners, photos are a great way to capture happy memories. Take some creative pictures with your pooch to display at home or online. You can do it yourself, or if you really want to indulge, you can hire a professional photographer to get the perfect shot. It’s a sentimental investment that will bring a smile to your face for years to come.
Celebrate Your Dog’s Birthday By Throwing A Doggy Birthday Party
Celebrate your pup’s special day by throwing a birthday party just for them. Here are some things to consider to ensure your dog has the best day ever.
- Choose a theme Choosing a theme for a birthday half the fun. From fantasy to sci-fi, the options are endless. If you’re feeling extra, you can dress your dog in an adorable costume and invite guests to do the same.
- Gather supplies Make sure you take a trip to the party store and stock up with balloons and other decorations. You’ll also need to make sure you have plenty of snacks for both dogs and humans.
- Find a dog-friendly venue If you don’t have the space at home, don’t fret. There are lots of alternative options. Depending on how many people are coming, you can hire an external venue such as a dog-friendly pub or restaurant. Be specific about your requirements before booking. Dogs usually need plenty of space to mingle and play. Ideally, you’ll find somewhere with a large outdoor area. If this is too pricey, why not host it at the park? If it’s during summer, you could have a barbecue in the sun.
- Consider your dog’s needs Is your dog a young pup? Or is he older and less lively? Every dog is different, and you’ll need to take this into consideration when planning a birthday party. If your dog isn’t as sprightly anymore, keep the guest list small so he doesn’t become overwhelmed.
- Bake a dog-friendly birthday cake Show your dog how much he means to you by baking him a birthday cake. There are plenty of recipes online nowadays, so have a look and find one that suits your pooch. A party isn’t a party without a cake, after all!
- Plan dog-friendly activities Everybody loves party games. Instead of the usual fetch, switch it up by organising special games for your dog to enjoy. Doggy ball pits are one option. Try filling an inflatable swimming pool with colourful plastic balls. It’s any dog’s dream. They love to dive in, chase, and catch them. Not only does it keep them entertained, but it’s also very amusing for owners to watch. If you don’t have anything to hold the balls, simply tip them onto an outdoor surface and watch the fun commence. You could also set up a doggy obstacle course. If you have DIY skills, you could even make some tunnels and hurdles out of PVC pipe. Dogs love a good challenge, and this is a great way to stimulate them mentally and physically.
Choose The Pawfect Present
What better way to show your dog you love them than with a thoughtful gift? Treat your pooch to a toy, game, or some tasty food. You could even bring him to a specialty store if there’s one nearby and let him choose for himself. His reaction will let you know when he’s found the right birthday gift. Make sure to feed him lots of treats, too. It’s only for one day of the year, after all!
If there are no pet shops near you, Golden Swag has you covered. Their custom boxes make ideal gifts for your dog’s big day. Explore our shop for great gift ideas.